Siren Report for Feb. 9, 2018
Paris Police Department
Feb. 8, at 7:10 a.m., a single-vehicle, non-injury accident occurred at 517 Prairie Street. The vehicle involved was a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser driven by Alicia B. Catterson, 32, 16 Highland Court. The vehicle struck a utility pole owned by Ameren Illinois. Both the vehicle and pole were damaged. Catterson was cited at the scene for operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lane usage. Catterson was released on a notice to appear in court.
Feb. 8, at 8:01 a.m., James R. Sewell II, 45, Martinsville, was stopped at Water and Blackburn and cited for driving while license revoked and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Sewell was released on a notice to appear in court.
Feb. 8, at 4:36 p.m., Lindsey E. Board, 31, 3553 N 2025th St., was arrested at the Paris Police Department on an Edgar County failure to appear warrant and a Douglas County warrant. Board was transported to the Edgar County Jail pending posting of bond.
Feb. 9, at 1:39 a.m., Herman D. Dillion, 46, 912 N. Main, was arrested at his residence and charged with disorderly conduct-breach of the peace. Dillion was transported to the Edgar County Jail pending posting of bond.
Paris Fire Department
Feb. 2, at 1:25 p.m., the department was contacted by Taco Bell, 528 E. Jasper, about a gas odor and carbon monoxide alert. AmerenCIPS assisted with the investigation and the problem was traced to a fryer. The appliance was taken out of service for repairs.
Feb. 3, at 10:58 p.m., the department was dispatched to 408 W. Van Buren for a gas odor. A small gas leak was discovered at the meter and AmerenCIPS was also on scene.
Feb. 4, at 1:42 p.m., the department was dispatched to 227 W. Madison for an odor investigation.
Feb. 4, at 8:45 p.m., the department was dispatched to 106 Sulphur Lane for a reported bathroom fire. On scene, a wastepaper basket was on fire in the bathroom sink. The resident had attempted to extinguish the fire. The fire was confined to the trash receptacle.